Working together to end Hunger!
When we hit hard times, many of us are fortunate enough to have family, friends, and neighbors who can offer a helping hand. Wisconsinites care about their communities, and food pantries, community organizations, and local businesses work hard every day to help their neighbors in need.
Sometimes, that help isn't enough. FoodShare helps bridge that gap by providing grocery money for eligible families. This helps to ensure that food pantries have enough food for families who don't qualify for FoodShare.
Together with community organizations, FoodShare strengthens communities by providing the fuel and nutrition people need while they get back on their feet. Unfortunately, many Wisconsinites who are eligible for FoodShare don't enroll. Feeding Wisconsin's FoodShare Outreach program partners with food pantries, religious groups, and other community organizations to help anyone who wants to apply for FoodShare learn more about the program and get help with the application. Feeding Wisconsin works directly with outreach staff from Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin, Feed My People Food Bank, and Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin.
What We Do
- Application assistance in person or over the phone
- Answer questions and provide eligibility screening on the FoodShare Helpline (1-877-366-3635)
- Provide outreach at host sites, like food pantries and libraries, in over 24 counties in Wisconsin
- Provide educational outreach for service providers and sites
- Help all eligible Wisconsinites apply for FoodShare and other benefits
How You Can Help
- Sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter, by filling out the "Get news and updates!" form on this site
- Learn more about FoodShare at our webinars
- Encourage Wisconsinites who are having a hard time putting food on the table to contact us at 1-877-366-3635 or through the Contact Us form on this website
- Consider becoming a host site for the FoodShare Outreach program