What is the QUEST card and how does it work?
The QUEST card is a debit-like card that is loaded with your FoodShare benefits on the same day each month. It can be used at most grocery stores and some Farmers’ Markets to purchase groceries. It can even be used for qualified Community Support Agriculture (CSA) shares and Meals on Wheels!
Using the QUEST Card is easy:
- Check your balance by calling 1-877-415-5164 or looking at the bottom of your last receipt
- Let the cashier know that you are using your QUEST Card
- Tell your cashier if you will be using another form of payment in addition to the QUEST Card
- Swipe the QUEST Card at the card terminal or hand the card to the cashier to swipe
- Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the card terminal keypad
After you enter your PIN, your FoodShare benefits will be applied to all eligible items in your purchase. You are responsible for paying for any remaining balance after your FoodShare benefits have been applied to the total. It's that easy!
What can I buy with my QUEST Card?
You can use your QUEST Card to buy grocery items like:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Breads and cereals
- Meats, fish, and poultry
- Dairy and eggs
- Seeds and plants to grow food for your family to eat
The QUEST Card can't be used for any of the following:
- Non-food items, like paper goods, toothpaste, soap, or pet food
- Alcohol or tobacco products
- Vitamins or medicine
- Food that you will eat in the store
- Pre-prepared foods (e.g. hot deli food)
For a more information on what you can buy with your QUEST Card, please visit the Federal Nutrition Services website.