Am I eligible for FoodShare and the Quest Card?
We all pay taxes and receive benefits, like Social Security and unemployment. FoodShare is another benefit that helps close to 720,000 Wisconsin residents buy groceries when money is tight.
In order to enroll in FoodShare, you must:
- Submit a FoodShare application;
- Complete a quick telephone interview with a case worker;
- Meet basic eligibility rules and income limits.
If you meet the following guidelines, you may be eligible for FoodShare:
- You are a U.S. citizen or legal permanent residents of at least 5 years;
- You are a Wisconsin resident;
- You meet gross monthly income guidelines:
If you want to find out if you might be eligible for FoodShare and get help applying, call the FoodShare Helpline at 1-877-366-3635 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or fill out the Contact Us form on this page. Learn more about how we can help on our Help with Applications page.
For additional information on eligibility, visit the WI Department of Health Services website.